intu Metrocentre is a shopping centre located in Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, England. It has more than 340 shops occupying 2,000,000 square feet (190,000 m2) of retail floor space, making it the largest shopping and leisure centre in the UK.
O’Brien has been working together with intu for a number of years at it’s Metrocentre site in Gateshead. The contract was won on the back of some stopgap work we undertook for intu. They were impressed with our willingness to help and go ‘above and beyond’. Following this we entered into a trial period where we exceeded expectations and subsequently won a full waste management contract.
The contract is based around a number of innovations which see waste materials recycled on-site by a dedicated team of O’Brien Waste operatives. This saves on transportation costs and is therefore more environmentally-friendly. Due to onsite segregation and retailer-engagement, the quality of recycling materials is increased and so are rebates to intu Metrocentre.
We constantly strive to deliver measurable improvements and take on the challenge of exceeding expectations across more than just the Metrocentre but also at intu Eldon Square.
Key Performance Indicators
- Dedicated waste management team on site, 7 days a week
- Dedicated team to sort and segregate waste from all all service areas
- Supply and Operation of Baling and Compactor Equipment
- Manage all containers and movements on site
- Servicing and maintenance of all waste machinery on site
- Provide a high standard of reporting data
- Reduce waste disposal and transport costs
- Direct shipping from site of segregated waste (cardboard, polythene and paper)
- Glass, food, general waste, rigid plastics, cardboard, polythene, scrap, paper, plasterboard, hazardous wastes and WEEE waste
O’Brien have implemented a dedicated recycling team responsible for waste cleaning, segregation, material sale and waste disposal from site which reduces disposal costs and improves recycling revenue. The team also ensure service areas are clean, presentable and operated to a high service standard through continuous management and auditing. O’Brien is aware of the importance of retailer satisfaction and expectations and engage with retailers to improve their waste experience on site.
At the start of the contract, the intu Metrocentre recycling rate was running at just 20-25% however this has now been raised to over 50%.