O’Brien Waste Recycling Solutions are the North East’s leading waste and recycling solutions provider. With a workforce of over 400 people and an operational fleet for over 100 vehicles; the business operates 6 MRFs (Material Recycling Facility) in the region with more in development. The goal is to continuously provide innovative, great value, environmentally friendly and reliable waste recycling solutions.
O’Brien is well-regarded by our customers for being flexible and have gained an enviable reputation in the marketplace for our reliability. All of the waste we collect is dealt with responsibly.
Based at our Hartlepool site working Monday to Friday, we currently are looking for an HGV Technician to join our rapidly expanding business. You will need a flexible approach, drive and enthusiasm to help deliver a high standard of maintenance to ensure vehicle availability. The successful candidate will have proven ability and technical competence in fault diagnosis required to repair and maintain our fleet to exceed the standards set by VOSA for roadworthiness. You will require the ability to make decisions and solve problems that may arise during the performance of your duty.
Salary: £depending on experience
Hours of work: 45 hours basic
Contract Type: Permanent
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Carrying out inspections and repairs on all types of HGVs on a mixed fleet of vehicles including Mercedes, Volvo and Scania.
- Carry out diagnostic and repairs on all types of equipment including VDL, HYVA and Heil.
- Maintaining and repairing a vehicle for MOT presentation.
- Abiding by all Health and safety procedures
- Complete all jobs and paperwork provided whilst also updating computer based systems for Inspections and defect rectification
- Ensure daily defects reported by drivers are repaired in a timely manor
- Working to a ‘first fix, first time’ schedule
- liaising with parts department for any parts needed for required jobs
- Promptly attend to any unscheduled maintenance issues both on and off site.
- Identify and implement improvement for the department.
- Good house keeper
- Must have own tools
- Team Player
- Flexible to working hours
- Car Licence
- Knowledge of municipal vehicles
- Hydraulic systems
- City and Guilds Level 3 Heavy vehicle maintenance and repair or equivalent.
- Good understanding of Hydraulic and electrical systems
- HGV Licence
- Great knowledge of DVSA vehicle standards